Wednesday 17 October 2012

How it all started



Welcome to the Trenditonline blog, I’m Sarah and this is how it all started for me. I studied fashion design at university as well as college, so having studied fashion for five years and always being interested in it. I thought it was about time I tried to start being creative again. In my current job I done Visual Merchandising and it was creative in the sense that I could do whatever I wanted and didn’t have to follow any VM guidelines for the company. However it wasn’t quite creative enough and I thought it was about time I started doing something with my degree. I started playing around with chain and cubed beads, firstly with the ideas of doing festival names. Before that I used to make festival headbands, but then I thought perhaps names could work better and I could sell them all year round, not just during festival season. Then that’s when all ideas and experimentations escalated into more design and multi jewellery product.

I’m Stef – I would also like to welcome you to our blog! I was really arty and musical at school and fancied a fine art degree. I applied to Central St Martin’s but because I had a load of textile work in my portfolio they sent me off to London College of fashion with a recommendation to do my foundation degree there.
I spent the year there but it just wasn’t me. So, cue a massive 180, I went off and did a business studies degree instead! Kind of lucky really, cause when me and Sarah realised we both made awesome jewellery and that we had a fashion and business background between us, what better basis could there be to start a business!?

No comments:

Post a Comment